Before planning tryouts for soccer teams analyzing videos can play a very important role while you are coaching youth soccer. There are several benefits of having your players watch the football practice videos and learn the skills of the game.
The Importance Of Soccer Training Videos When Coaching Youth Soccer
• Videos get a close-up view of how a professional player plays in a specific situation. Watching the professional players live on the field is good, but videos bring a better opportunity for your players to actually learn by visualizing the game.
• It does not only help the players learn the techniques of the games, but it also gives them an opportunity to develop the defending skills in a specific situation.
• The best thing with the tryouts for soccer teams is that you can replay it whenever you want. In real time, you cannot replay the game and see closely what actually happened. On the other hand, videos allow you to analyze the game closely.
• When you watch something on video, it remains there in your mind for a longer time. Repetitive watching of a specific action will make things easier for you and when it comes to the real game, you would be able to play as you had watched in the video.
Tips For The Coaches
The coaches must encourage the players to watch specific youth soccer training dvds and learn from them. Tell them to watch the videos at home and the next day when they are back to the training session, they must try to practice the actions live on the field.
• In order to achieve the best results, you must ask your players to close their eyes after watching a particular video for several times. Ask them to visualize in their minds that they are making those moves themselves on the field. This strategy may sound peculiar for some, but it really works. The key here is to focus on visualization.
• Encourage your players to watch a particular move repeatedly. This way, the move will eventually get stored in their minds and when they play the real game, they will tend to attempt for that move in that specific situation automatically.
Tryouts for soccer teams based on videos can thus allow your players to focus on the game even when they are away from the field and the training session. What is more, since watching videos and DVDs has always been fun for the youth, they will certainly find it a fun thing to do.