Soccer warm up drills is the right way to make a beginning on a soccer field before the start of any game or competition. Pre-game exercises can include soccer goalie training exercises, which help to warm-up, energize the relaxed muscles, and get them ready for the forthcoming action.
Benefits Of Soccer Pre-game Exercises
Soccer warm up drills are important and vital before the players make a final go at the field for the following reasons:
- Soccer pre-game exercises help to reduce the possibility of any injury as the pre-game exercises help to relax and provide quality warm-up to the muscles. If the players play the game without a proper regime of a warm-up session, then the risk of a tendon fracture or a muscle pull increases. Therefore, it is essential to get the muscles ready for action by doing some stretching exercises which prepare the muscles for the rigorous play ahead.
- Football pre-game exercises also help to improve the players’ performance and make them perform to their fullest potential. The warm-up drills help to set the pulse rate, heart rate and breathing at the same pace as it would be during the match, so that the same can be easily taken care of during the game.
• These exercises also help to improve the concentration level of the players, making them more agile and adept in their playing approach and technique. As the pre-game exercises reduce the tendency of any possible injury and help to improve the players’ performances, the players’ body become receptive to an increased focus towards the game.
• Soccer warmup drills also increase the players’ stamina that helps them to sustain a longer duration of strenuous physical activity, enabling them to withstand harsh playing conditions – a true characteristic of an all-rounder!
Soccer Drills Ideas
Some easy, yet effective soccer warm up drills are as follows:
• Passing through a circle: In this warm-up exercise, the ball is passed to players in a random order and helps in improving the communication of the players during a game.
• Leg circuit exercise: In this exercise, the players perform leg squats, which help them to strengthen their leg muscles, which at many times is ignored.
• Upper-body exercises: Such exercises include normal press-ups, wide-arm press-ups and close arm press-ups. These warm-up exercises not only strengthen the arm muscles, but also provide adequate energy to the players’ back, an area most prone to injury.
Such soccer warm up drills are very effective in creating all-round soccer players who are not only free from risks of any possible injury, but also more focused and better prepared to face any competition.