Coaching young players about the soccer skills is very much different than coaching professionals. You have to be very careful in planning your strategy for the same.
It is important, that you mix some fun with learning, as it will keep them interested in the training session. You can easily achieve this, by sharing some soccer training video with them.
Moreover, you can even make your own youth soccer drill video, as it will help you keep a better eye on the improvement of the individual players.
You can also use the video, to teach that individual player about his or her mistakes. When they will see this themselves, it will have deeper impact on them, and they will try to improve on this own.
It is one of the best ways to motivate the players. Furthermore, by seeing their own mistakes on the youth soccer training video, will also help the players learn to accept their bad performances.
Otherwise, it is common seen with the players and their parents that they blame the coach for the bad performance of the players. The soccer training video will help you deal with such situations.
Soccer Training Video And Organizing Practice Games
The soccer training video is an effective tool for the soccer coaches that can help them understand the various aspects of coaching the young soccer players. One of the most important things here is to understand the difference between soccer drills and practice games. The soccer coach is supposed to have different strategies and planning for them. While organising the practice games, the coaches must keep in mind the following things:
- The practice games must be designed, keeping in view the specific age group of the players you are coaching.
- You have to be very quick in getting to action. You should take no more than twenty seconds to introduce the practice game and start the same.
- The cones and flags that you have to use, in order to mark the various areas in the field must get fixed in advance – much before you start the practice game. Setting cones and flags after describing the practice games is a suicidal approach; as such actions will kill the enthusiasm, motivation, and energy of the players. So, get everything ready beforehand.
- The common grid boundaries must not be shared.
- What is more, the soccer training video will also let you know that in practice games, the best approach is to have your players play the game freely. Do not interrupt them at frequent intervals.